Sunday, May 5, 2019

Blog post 9

If I were able to re prepare for the newton town schools negotiation using the 6 step warm up exercise this is how i would prepare.

1. I wish I was more familiar with the negotiation going into it. Honestly, I read it a few times and still was a little confused by it. I feel as if I understood it to full potential I would have been more successful.

2. If i understood it to full potential I would definitively have more confidence going into the negotiation and would have an easier time arguing for what I wanted.

3. To put myself in an ideal emotional state I make sure to read the case and highlight the most important parts. This way it is easier for me to point out the crucial things and stay calm instead of becoming fluttered trying to search for specific information.

4. The thing that throws me most off balance during negotiations is hearing what the other side wants. For example, in this situation the group we were negotiating with wanted the teachers to work longer hours with not much of a pay raise. We agreed to have the teachers work more hours with a large pay raise but the other group would not give it to us. This to me throws me off balance because I always think things should be figured out equally.

5. To regain balance I would either offer and new deal or simple not make a deal at all.

6. When I'm finished I want to feel like both parties got the most of what they wanted and that everyone collaborated well with no angry arguments.

No comments:

Post a Comment