Sunday, May 5, 2019

Blog post 10

I think this class made me a better negotiator simply just by doing the negotiation practices. I honestly have not come across too many situations where I needed to negotiate so this class was able to prepare me better when I do come across a situation where I need to negotiate. I learned about a lot of tactics that professional negotiators use that I did not even know existed. I also think this class taught me how to be a better negotiator because I am usually a pushover with things. Since I had to fight for things the case wanted in this class it made me realize I need to stand up for things I want instead of just letting them go and agreeing with the other person. I was able to use the things I learned in this class to lower my apartment rent in the future which I think is a huge step for myself. I usually would not have the confidence to even bring anything up and attempt to negotiate it. We read an article of why women don't ask and it really opened my eye that it is okay to ask even if you get turned down.

No comments:

Post a Comment